Thursday, June 14, 2012

Script Writing

This was an in-class assignment. We had to write a short script based off of one of our stories. I chose, edited, cast, and directed our group for this short story, created by Candace.
I thought this would also make a good skit for Children's Theater.  

 
                                    NARRATOR:
Today was probably the biggest day of Al’s life. He had finally reached that milestone in his life where he was going to find someplace bigger. Maybe finally settle down, find himself a wife, and have a few dozen children who’d swim on into adulthood. Yes, Al was a goldfish.
                                    AL:
I’m a goldfish!
                                    NARRATOR:
Al had quite enjoyed his life in his small bowl since the day he moved in. But 6 weeks is just a long time. He was an adult now. Keeping up the maintenance was just too much hassle. He was looking forward to one of those fancy water filters. After all, he couldn’t find a mate if his castle was caked with his own filth.
                                    MRS. CLEMENTINE:
I set up Al in his moving, plastic, ziplock baggy and waited for his lovely new home to be filled.
AL:
The anticipation is just killing me! In a few hours I’ll be a proud, new tank owner.
                                    MRS. CLEMENTINE:
He’ll have all that extra space to swim, never having to worry the water becoming too hazy, also with all that extra room for some new furniture.
                                    AL:
I can get a new castle, some fake seaweed, and even a scuba diver! This’ll be the best home, ever!
                                    NARRATOR:
After his long wait the moment of truth had finally arrived.
                  Mrs. Clementine carries Al over to his new tank.
                                    MRS. CLEMENTINE:
I carried him over to the new tank and slowly lowered in the bag.  He burst through and swam like shark’s were biting his tail fins.
                                    AL:
I’d never seen such a glorious cube of glass and water. This place was perfect! The water still had that “new tank” chill, so I decided to explore a bit.
                                    NARRATOR:
Al then realized that this tank was just too big for one fish. Something then caught his eye. There, at the back of the tank, was the most beautiful fish he had ever laid his eyes on. Those golden scales, those big eyes, he had to know who this other fish was.
AL:
I approached cautiously, I didn’t want to spook my new tankmate. But I noticed something curious. As I swam closer, it was swimming toward me. I was overjoyed. Perhaps this fish found me attractive as well. Our eyes locked. “Why hello there beautiful, lovely water we’re having today isn’t it?
                                    REFLECTION:
(Just stares.)
AL:
No need to be shy darling, please tell me what your name is.

                                    REFLECTION:
(Just stares.)
AL:
I-I’m sure it’s lovely. Just like you.”
                                    REFLECTION:
(Just stares.)
NARRATOR:

Al was shocked. he was suave, polite, and using his best moves. Maybe the other fish thought he was just ugly. Heartbroken Al swam back to his castle. He never wanted to face that judging fish ever again.

                                    MRS. CLEMENTINE:
I don’t understand it. I thought Al would like his new tank but he almost never leaves his castle unless he needs to eat. And he’d panic anytime he saw his own reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment