Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dialouge Homework 2

For this assignment we had to use existing dialogue from our previous assignment and create new dialogue. We had to include at least 2 lines from the previous dialogue.
I also used dialogue I knew these people to use in times past.

 
MIKE: I bent over and I feel like I’m going to fall over.
FLOSSY: How come?
MIKE: I dunno. I hit my head last night on the cubboard, maybe it’s because of that.
JOYCE: How’d you hit your head?
MIKE: I opened it to get something out when my foot slipped.
FLOSSY: Well, how’d you hit your head if you just slipped on something?
MIKE: Because I was standing on the footstool. I hit my head when I was falling down.
JOYCE & FLOSSY:  Oh, dear.
MIKE: Yeah. It was really disconcerting.
JOYCE: Did you fall on the floor?
MIKE: No, I caught myself on the counter but my head really hurt.
FLOSSY: Maybe that’s why you’re dizzy.
MIKE: That’s what I said!
FLOSSY:  Oh, you did?
MIKE: Yeah.
FLOSSY: That reminds me of what happened last week.
JOYCE: What happened to you?
FLOSSY: Well, Pumpkin jumped up on the counter, and you know, she never does that. So I hurried  into the kitchen, ‘Shoo, you awful beast; what’re you doing? You don’t belong on the counter!’ Well, my socks hit the tiles and came right out from under me.
JOYCE: Oh, my.
FLOSSY: Yeah, so I reached out and caught myself on the counter.
JOYCE: Good thing you didn’t hit the floor.
MIKE: Yeah.
FLOSSY: Well, I don’t know what I would do if I hit the floor. The paramedics would need eight people just to put me in the stretcher.
MIKE: Do you know what I think they’d do? I think they’d sweep you into the stretcher with a broom.
JOYCE: Oh, Mike.
MIKE: The same broom you use on Halloween.
                  THEY CHUCKLE.
MIKE:  Along with your brew.
FLOSSY: Now you behave or I’m going to give you some of my brew.
MIKE: No, thanks. I think I’d rather jump in front of a car first.
                  HE STANDS UP.
MIKE: I think I’m going to take the dogs outside, now. Then I’ll go fall asleep to a movie.
FLOSSY: What’s the matter? Did I scare you off with stories of my brew?
MIKE: No, I’m just going to go be anti-social.
                  THEY CHUCKLE AS HE SHUFFLES OUT OF THE ROOM. THEY SPEAK AGAIN ONCE HE’S OUT OF THE ROOM.
JOYCE: I wish he’d stop doing that.
FLOSSY: What?
JOYCE: Oh, he forgets to take his high blood pressure medicine. Then after a while he says he gets dizzy and I have to remind him.
FLOSSY: Remind him what?
JOYCE: For heaven’s sake, Flossy, to remind him to take his blood pressure medicine so he won’t get so dizzy.
FLOSSY: Oh. Well, sometimes I forget to take my medicine. So I have to set it all out for myself the night before. That way when I go into the bathroom the next day they’re there waiting for me.
JOYCE: I might have to do the same thing. The doctor says if he can’t get his blood pressure to come down they’ll have to admit him so they can keep an eye on him.
FLOSSY: Well, that’s expensive.
JOYCE: Yeah.
FLOSSY: You don’t want to do that.
JOYCE: No, I don’t. But I keep reminding him and he still won’t do it.
FLOSSY: Well, you might have to do it for him.
JOYCE: Yeah. Well, I gotta do something because what’s he’s doing isn’t helping.
FLOSSY: Well, do you want to play Canasta?
JOYCE: Well, let’s ask Donna if she wants to play Canasta.
                  LITTLE DOGS WHINE AND YIP IN THE BACKGROUND AS MIKE BRINGS THEM BACK IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment